Choosing the best lathe for gunsmithing can be somewhat tricky, especially if you’ve got not much operational experience on a gunsmith lathe. The good news here is that we have made your search much more comfortable with our in-depth gunsmith lathe reviews and buying guide to help you make the most fitting choice.
6 Best Lathe For Gunsmithing
Gunsmith Lathe Reviews
- Spindle Bore: 1-5/8-Inch, D1-5 Camlock Mount
- Range of speeds: 70, 200, 220, 270, 360, 600, 800, 1000 and 1400 RPM
- Includes: 6-Inch 3-Jaw chuck with two sets of jaws, 8-Inch 4-Jaw chuck with reversible jaws, 10-Inch faceplate, set of six change gears, 1/2-Inch chuck w/ MT3 arbor
- Halogen work light, coolant system, ball bearing steady and follow rests, quick-change tool post included
- Cast iron stand with extended base, cast aluminum gear cover, ground gears and high precision bearings, hardened and bround V-ways
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 8.5 Amps, 60 Hz, 1725 RPM
- Swing over bed: 12"
- Swing over gap: 17"
- Swing over cross slide: 7"
- Distance between centers: 36"
- " Cross slide travel: 8-1/2" Compound travel: 5-1/2" Number of speeds: 16 Speed range: 45-1800 RPM Range of threads (inches): 45 @ 2-72 TPI Range of threads (metric): 39 @ 0.2-14 mm Diametrical pitch range: 21 @ 8-44 DP
- Modular pitch range: 18 @ 0.3-3.5 MP Width of bed: 10" Approximate shipping weight: 3248 lbs.
- Swing over gap: 22" Swing over cross slide: 10" Distance between centers: 40" Spindle nose: D1-6 camlock Spindle nose taper: MT#6 Spindle bore: 2" Tailstock barrel taper: MT#4 Tailstock barrel travel: 4-3/4"
- 【INFINITELY VARIABLE SPEED】- The mini metal lathe is driven by powerful motor. Variable Speed: 0-2250RPM. The LED screen shows you a clear and accurate speed for accurate working. Operate either manually or with the adjustable auto feed rate. Spindle Accuracy: 0.0004-0.0012" (0.01-0.03 mm).
- 【750MM LARGE SWING RANGE】- The benchtop lathe brings a 3-jaw chuck. Swing Over Bed: 8-1/4" (210 mm) and Swing Over Cross Slide: 29.5"/750mm offers more possibilities for large size or/and heavy workpieces. One 4-Jaw chuck is included.
- 【PROFESSIONAL COMPOUND REST】- The mini lathe machine quick change tool post can achieve positions of internal cutting, face cutting, and bevel cutting by changing the tool post angle and adjusting the compound rest, moving blades freely with feed rod. 4-Way turret tool post (3/8" max tool size).
- 【SUPPORTIVE & PROTECTIVE】- Soft start, change-over switch for clockwise or counter-clockwise spindle rotation. Equipped with all-metal gears. Steady rest works as end support ensuring chatter-free operation. Backsplash guard included.
- 【ADJUSTABLE TAILSTOCK】- Taper in Tailstock Spindle: MT2. Rotate the lever clockwise to lock the spindle and rotate clockwise to advance the handwheel. To off-set the tailstock for cutting tapers by adjusting the four set screws located on the tailstock base. Travel: compound rest 2-1/8" (54mm), cross slide 3" (76mm).
- Variable speed control knob
- Automatic feed
- Chuck guard with micro switch
- 0-2500 RPM (high)
- 2 HorsePower, 1Ph, 230 Volts Motor
- 1 3/8 Inches Spindle Hole
- 13 inches Swing x 40 inches Centers
- 12 spindle speeds ranging from 60 1240 RPM
- Shown with Optional stand
Gunsmithing Lathes Overview
Hopefully, our buying guide of the best lathe for gunsmithing has helped you to focus your selections on finding that which works best within your budget. It’s high time to go on ahead to purchase your ideal perfect gunsmith lathe and get the brilliant gunsmith lathe operation started.
Last update on 2020-10-18 at 03:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API